Central Bank Of Sudan
Official announcement : Deadline for currency replacement
The Governor of the Central Bank of Sudan, President of the Supreme Committee for currency replacement has issued the administrative decision No. 31/2011, which states the following:
1 / The replacement of the second version of Sudanese pound notes of (50 , 20 ,10) will end onThursday1st of September 2011 at 6pm
2. the first version of the Sudanese pound (50.20, 10) will be invalid effective Friday - 2nd of September 2011 .
3. The Replacement windows in commercial banks and their branches will close at 5pm, 25th of Ramadan (1432) corresponding to the 25th of August 2011
4. The Replacement windows in Central Bank of Sudan and its branches will close at 6pm 1st of September 2011.
5 .To enable easy and flexible replacement process , it has been decided to extend the period of replacement in the branches of the Central Bank of Sudan and commercial banks until 5 pm daily , including the Fridays and Saturdays (noting that : the replacement in the Central Bank of Sudan and its branches will continue during the holiday of( Eid al-Fitr )until the 1st of September 2011) .
6. For the (1,2,5) Sudanese pound categories , the old version will be used along with the new version of the same category until further notification.
7. Central Bank of Sudan calls upon the citizens to replace their currency before the deadline .